Oct 1, 2008

Like Disneyland

Anna and Ryan have taught me so much about mothering. I guess that puts Sara at somewhat of an advantage in some ways. Today Sara and I took a rare trip to the mall. After some shopping, we entered the mall, which was decorated for fall/Halloween. Also close by were the elevators and escalators. When Sara entered the mall, she stopped-completely mesmerized-for a minute or so. She literally was unable to walk or move, she just stood looking around all the lights, people, and decorations. I sat on the bench to wait for her to "snap to," which she did eventually, then looked around to see where I was. When she walked over, she spotted the escalators and made a bee-line toward them. So, needless to say, we rode up...then down...then up...and back down. After about the 21st time, it was time to go pick up the kids from school. Sara was not happy about that and had a tantrum almost all the way to the car. Experience taught me to ride the escalator with her over and over because very soon, the escalator will be ordinary to her and she'll want to go to Disneyland!

No comments: