Sara learned to sit up from laying down in her crib! She's not totally flat, because she lies on a pillow, but she has learned to wedge her feet into the side of the crib and use her trunk muscles to lift herself! Rich said she was sitting in there a couple of weeks ago, but today was the first time I had seen her: I laid her down for her nap and I heard her fussing. Then, she stopped and started shouting, "Mom!" "Mom!" "Mom!" (She calls me "mom" instead of "mama" because she hears it from the other two so often). Of course I want to reinforce her language, so I went to see what she wanted, and she was sitting up like such a big girl, looking at me as if to say, "Look what did mom, now-get me out of here!" Needless to say, Miss Sara missed her nap today...what else did I reinforce besides her language?
On another note, Sara had her 18 month Dr. visit today. The doctor was a little concerned about her weight, because she's almost 19 months old and does not even weigh 20 pounds yet. She's just a petite little thing. Although she's only 19 pounds, the doctor said she looks healthy, so I'll try not to worry as I stuff her for the next 3 months, before her next "weigh-in."
1 comment:
Hooray for Sara! She'll be getting up from the floor before you know it!
I wish Eli would call me "mom". I always get called daddy...unless of course he's upset about something. Then I'm "mamamama" in a whiny voice.
Eli is just now 20lbs. I think you're supposed to keep the carseat turned around until their 20lbs. I just couldn't wait that long!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
Post a Comment