

Happy Birthday Anna! Your dad and I were reminiscing about the day you were born and the first few months after we brought you home from the hospital. We had to wake up very early, around 4:30 am so we could go to the hospital. I had placenta previa when I was pregnant with you, so I had a c-section that was scheduled for 8:00am. We had to be at the hospital by 5:00am. I had many different feelings, mostly excitement mixed in with relief and anxiety. You were born at exactly 8:00am 10 years ago today. You and I had to stay in the hospital for 7 days because the doctors were concerned you may have an infection. You had a slight fever and the doctors didn't want to take any chances. We finally brought you home and work began. Things were very hard and chaotic at first: I had postpartum depression for about the first 6 weeks of your life, but once the "sky cleared" and you began to sleep more, life with a newborn got a little easier. You started sleeping through the night when you were only 8 weeks old. From that time until you were about 6 years old, you slept at least 12 hours per day!
When you were a toddler, you used to like things "just so." You HAD to be in your crib right at nap time and bed time. If not, you wouldn't sleep anywhere else (such as in the car seat), you would just scream your head off until you were in bed. For the first year of your life, we did not venture out far because we had to have you in your bed at a very specific time, or else! You especially hated wrinkles in your blankets. You spent many-a-hour as a toddler straightening out your blankets on the floor and on your bed! You needed your little world to be in order at all times and I remember the night you learned that the sky turned black at night time, it totally threw you off and you didn't sleep well for days (you were about 2 1/2) and you had "reorder" your little world! As a preschooler, you couldn't deal with "crazy hair day" or "mixed-match day" at school. It was just too much, so for you, mixed-match day was a sock of the same style, but maybe a different picture, certainly something that could be hidden! Crazy hair day for you was a braid instead of a regular pony-tail! It's nice to see that you have become more flexible as time has passed!
You have been an incredible blessing to our family over the past 10 years. Ryan and Sara couldn't ask for a better sister, it's obvious that you love and care for them deeply. You have a humble heart that is bent toward goodness and God. You are full of grace that you readily offer to others, after all, your name means "grace." You are a good friend and you genuinely care about people, especially those who don't know God. Every adult that I talk to who has interacted with you all say the same thing: "Anna is such nice, sweet, smart girl!" Literally dozens of people have told me the same thing over the years. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. The Lord gave me the desire of my heart...He gave me you!! I love you with all of my heart and I look forward to what the next decade brings! You are always in my heart!
Love, Mom
Anna
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Grace; Favour; Merciful
When you were a toddler, you used to like things "just so." You HAD to be in your crib right at nap time and bed time. If not, you wouldn't sleep anywhere else (such as in the car seat), you would just scream your head off until you were in bed. For the first year of your life, we did not venture out far because we had to have you in your bed at a very specific time, or else! You especially hated wrinkles in your blankets. You spent many-a-hour as a toddler straightening out your blankets on the floor and on your bed! You needed your little world to be in order at all times and I remember the night you learned that the sky turned black at night time, it totally threw you off and you didn't sleep well for days (you were about 2 1/2) and you had "reorder" your little world! As a preschooler, you couldn't deal with "crazy hair day" or "mixed-match day" at school. It was just too much, so for you, mixed-match day was a sock of the same style, but maybe a different picture, certainly something that could be hidden! Crazy hair day for you was a braid instead of a regular pony-tail! It's nice to see that you have become more flexible as time has passed!
You have been an incredible blessing to our family over the past 10 years. Ryan and Sara couldn't ask for a better sister, it's obvious that you love and care for them deeply. You have a humble heart that is bent toward goodness and God. You are full of grace that you readily offer to others, after all, your name means "grace." You are a good friend and you genuinely care about people, especially those who don't know God. Every adult that I talk to who has interacted with you all say the same thing: "Anna is such nice, sweet, smart girl!" Literally dozens of people have told me the same thing over the years. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. The Lord gave me the desire of my heart...He gave me you!! I love you with all of my heart and I look forward to what the next decade brings! You are always in my heart!
Love, Mom
Anna
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Grace; Favour; Merciful
No comments:
Post a Comment