Jul 11, 2010

Leguna Seca




We made it up the big hill this morning. I was relieved. We left the beautiful campsite (note to self: we must return to Big Sur another time with a fully functioning RV, or tents) and headed up the rest of Highway 1, which was not much. After several miles, we were once again traveling on wide open flat roads. We headed inland a bit and ended up at the Leguna Seca Raceway, which is about 7 miles inland from Monterey (on our way to Salinas to see the mechanic tomorrow). The campsite was great...except we had to go up a 16% grade for about 1/4 miles to get there. The trusty RV made it up the hill and the view was beautiful. I was too exhausted to get out the camera or walk over the hill to watch the cars race around the track. Now, I wish I did. We enjoyed the afternoon but now we’re ready to head home.

No comments: