I'm not sure if I'm spoiled with the RV or if taking 3 kids tent camping is much harder than taking just 2, but this camping trip seemed very effort-ful. I think the hardest thing was sleeping at night-the 5 of us all cozy in the tent. Actually, just one of us (who shall remain nameless) likes to squirm and turn and sleep sideways-which cannot be done in a sleeping bag designed to keep her warm in the 30-something degree weather (Sara). We seemed to get very little sleep between the cold and listening for bears and listening to the wind and sprinkling rain, but mainly from listening to a crying, mad little one.
Other aspects of camping that I seem to have forgotten since the last time we went tent camping, which was in 2006: Washing dishes in a bin (although Rich bought a "sink" that I think is super cool), and dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty (is that enough for all of us?) feet.
Me, carrying my "sink."




No comments:
Post a Comment