Jan 6, 2011
Prone to wander
Tonight I'm wondering why I'm so prone to wander. I'm thinking that it's not just me, but rather human nature...or maybe it is just me. When I find myself in a place I never want to leave, I, inevitably, always do. It's simple- lounging on the couch with my phone, watching TV is much less effort than seeking first God's kingdom. However, this habit leaves me feeling empty and bitter every time. I really am like a sheep who keeps wandering off, and without fail, my Shepherd comes to find me and bring me back. I'm glad He does.
Here I am tonight with my arms open wide. Won't You come inside? Come and fill this heart of mine.
I lay myself at your feet. Please, won't you lead me? I cannot do it on my own. I cannot do it all alone.
Shawn McDonald from the song, "Here I am"
(this photograph is from our Mammoth trip over the summer. Sara was walking barefoot in a huge meadow in the mountains)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment