Moving on too the exciting news:
Today, unexpectedly, Sara learned to swim! Without a lifejacket! Of course, the ONE day I decided not to bring my phone (because I had to get in the pool with Sara), she learned to swim! We forgot to bring her lifejacket to the pool. She cried all the way there but I felt it was unnecessary to go back to get it because I had to be in the pool with her anyway. After about a half hour, I got cold and sat on the edge of the pool. Sara started practicing by jumping off the step and kicking ferociously until she started to sink and then she would stand up (she could reach the bottom in the 3 ft area) and walk back to the steps and try again...and again...and again...and then one time it clicked and off she went without sinking! Easily discouraged, she is not! By the end of the day she was swimming on her side and on her back...a little fish!
I can't wait to capture it on video! I'm so bummed I didn't get to capture her "first time" but the second time will be just as special, I'm sure. It was an early night for a certain someone—certainly no complaints when it was time to go to bed!
Since I don't have any photos of her swimming yet, I'll just share some of her being silly the other day in the front yard.
These were taken with Nikon D300, lens-85mm f1.4, set at 1.8. Photos were processed in Lightroom. After months of toiling, I decided to purchase some presets from One Willow. I have to say, I have not been disappointed. My work flow has sped up considerably, I felt like it was good bang for my buck, and I am please with the creativity of the presets.











6 comments:
Aww, she's a doll! Beautiful captures and processing.
So beautiful!
Isn't it amazing what they can do with their toes and legs. I love the painting picture in your header. I am going to have to let Ruthie give that a try.
She is just precious!
Love to hear about all Sara's accomplishments - you must be such a proud mama :)
Love these!
Sara is adorable! God is doing an amazing work in her. Philippians 1:6
Post a Comment