Aug 15, 2013

Uuummmm, what happened to summer???

Yes, I have not blogged since March.  I took a break.  From blogging, photographing, and pretty much being social on social media.  I needed to withdrawal and be "quiet" for a while.  It was good for my soul.  I actually thought I was done blogging for good, but then I realized that I tend to forget.  Yep, that was the reason that I started blogging in the first place.

So, I started working again on Monday, and was completely and totally unprepared mentally for the transition.  I feel like I blinked and summer was gone.  Here's what we did, as best as I can remember:

Right after school got out in June, we we took a trip to San Diego.  We went to Sea World for the first time since Sara was a baby.  My marine/dolphin-loving daughter absolutely loved it!  Next, the kids attended Vacation Bible School (VBS).  The day after (our first) VBS, my mom flew in from FL.  We spent half of the week here in LA and then we spent the last half in Vegas.  Having my mom around is always a huge blessing.  She helps out sooo much with the kids, taking them shopping, helping me clean up, babysitting, reading book after book after book with Sara, and the list goes on.  I love you mother!!  

The day after we got back from Vegas, Ryan started summer school so I could have some peace because Ryan needs enrichment.  It was the first time we had done summer school.  It was a 4-week tuition based program at a public school in the next town.  He really enjoyed it!  He took physics, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math all rolled into one—so Ryan!), computer programming, and a cooking class.  It was just what he needed to keep his mind busy this summer.

The kids did 2 more VBS's in July, I helped at one of them.  We love VBS!  Every day of each one is such a blessing!!  It has always been a time of spiritual growth for the kids and for me!  This year was no exception.  Jesus loves us all so much!

Anna spent a lot of time hanging out with her friends, geocaching, on photograph outings (thank you Michele!), and a couple of days at the beach, although this summer has been chili, so we haven't been to beach much. Sara has been hanging out at home with me most of the summer.  She's still young enough to do that...I'm in no rush to have it any different!

Oh, I almost forgot:  I got sick for 3 weeks, then Rich sick for 3 weeks.  Anna was sick also, and Ryan got sick too (thank goodness not for 3 weeks).  Also, I took down all the cabinets, cleaned them, sanded them, primed them, sanded them again, then painted them.  I'm almost done hanging them.  They turned out nice, much better than before.  It was a lot of work, but I love doing stuff like that, so it was fun work!

We just got back from Zion recently, which was so much fun (see below)!  The kids go back to school in 2 1/2 weeks, but before that we have one more trip to take ; )  Stay tuned!

There.  Now I know what we did all summer.  It's not as cool as Anna's "photo per day" that she did, but at least I know that my summer break actually did exist.  

No comments: