We finally got a ski day!! We tried to take Sara skiing a couple of years ago, when she was 5, but she got sick. Then we were going to go in January of this year, but it didn't work out. Then we were going to try to go over President's Day weekend, but it was way too hot. So, finally, we got a snowy weekend when Rich was off, and we had a few extra dollars to go! Anna and Ryan were at a youth retreat right up the road that same weekend, so it was just Rich, Sara, and I. It was snowing for much of the day and the snow was really sticky, which made it nice for Sara because we were going so slow. I was amazed at how intuitive Sara was on the snow with shifting her body weight and turning on the skis. It definitely did not look like it was her first day on skis! I was very impressed! My snow blades really needed a good waxing and I spent much of the day skiing and a snail's pace down the hill. Rich used his skis for part of the day and spent the last half of the day on his snowboard.
Overall, it was really nice to be up in the mountains, and great to finally take Sara skiing. I did not love the snow conditions or my sticky snowblades…and oh yeah…my boot broke! I was trying to get the packed snow off the bottom of my snowblades for the 147th time, and my old boots finally gave out! Rich sold me these boots before we were even dating…that's how old they were! But I rented new boots and all was well. I'm looking forward to next time!!
 |
| Isn't he cute ; ) |
 |
| Taking a rest |
 |
| Ooops! There goes my boot! |
 |
| Sara's first or second run…she's such a natural! |
 |
| She's confidently making her way down. |
 |
| First time on the chair! |
 |
| On our drive up the mountain-it was so beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment