Jul 18, 2007

Ryan

Rich and I were talking today about when Ryan was a baby and some of our memories of him as a baby. We both knew he was a very smart child from a very young age. Rich knew he was going to be very smart when he would watch Ryan study things at about 7 or 8 months of age. I knew it when he knew the alphabet and all of the sounds before he was 2 years old and was spelling words like "cat" and "fat" with the letter magnets shortly after he turned 2.

We remembered how Ryan would put his face about 1/2 an inch from what ever he was looking at with no expression on his face. We also remember when Ryan smelled something, he would bring it very close to his nose, then sniff very hard and deliberately-I giggle just thinking about it. We will also never forget Ryan's looks that came out of no where-He would be quietly coloring or looking at something, when out of the blue, he would look at Rich out of the top of his eyes while his head was still looking down with no expression on his face. Rich used to say, "It's all fun and games until your 2 year old comes after you with a knife!" I wish we could have gotten some of these things on video...at least we have the memory!!! We love you Ryan!

No comments: