Sep 20, 2007
Popcorn
Well, I recently did a very "Lori" thing: I was cooking popcorn at my school in my little office. The bag was small, and I may have hit an extra minute or two on the microwave on accident. I thought I would just run to the main office to grab some copies that I had forgotten there and come back to eat my popcorn. However, when I came back in my office, the microwave had smoke coming out of it! I opened the door and smoke came bellowing out...right underneath the smoke alarm! You guessed it! The fire alarm went out for the entire school-Pre-K through fifth grade. Hundreds of children had their learning interrupted for at least 15 minutes. The principal didn't know how to turn it off because the alarm had only gone off before during drills. Eventually, they were able to turn it off-Thank goodness the firetrucks did not arrive!! Needless to say, I was soooo embarrassed, but my principal was full of grace and said, "It could have happened to anyone!" A couple days later, he casually said on passing, "Got popcorn?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment