Dec 20, 2007

Hope

Today has been a day of grief. I spent most of the day grieving over Sara's arms. It always seems to hit the most on treatment/therapy days. Maybe the reality of the OT's therapy with her, or maybe not knowing how much strength/movement she will gain. Much of today I feared for her future. I fear that she will never gain functional movement and strength in her hands/arms. I'm overwhelmed by the possibility that she may never use her hands and no one can really tell me what her specific prognosis may be. There is hope in all the grief.

The Lord is faithful, he always is. When I cry out to him, he answers me, that tends to be my response to grief. Today he reminded me to look up toward Him and not around me. He has Sara in his arms and she was given to us with arthrogryposis for a purpose. We were not forgotten. He will always have her, and us, in his arms. A song I heard today confirmed the voice of God and was my prayer:

Lord, let your light, light of your face, shine on us
Lord, let your grace, grace from your hand, fall on us
Lord, let your love, love with no end, come over us
That we may be saved
That we may have life
To find our way in the darkest night
Let your love come over us

Phillips, Craig, & Dean

No comments: