My Aunt Merelyne and Uncle Harold came to visit today. My Aunt was such an important person in my life when I was a child, and especially in high school. I spent almost every single weekend with her my senior year and she taught me so much about nutrition, love, and the Lord. She was one of very few people who sought me out and developed a purposeful connection with me. In a way, she became my mentor. I started staying there on the weekends when my Granny was sick with cancer and continued the routine after she passed away. My Aunt called me yesterday and said she was in California but thought that I lived 3 or 4 hours away from where they were staying. It turns out we only live 30 minutes away! So she came and visited with me and the children, Rich had to work. I hadn't seen her in eight years, but I hope it won't be that many before I get to see her again!
Lord, thank you for Aunt Merelyne and the impact she had on my life. May I bless someones life the way she has blessed mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment