Mar 13, 2008
A bad day
Yes today was a bad day. One of the worst I've had with Anna in years. Not since she was two or three has she had me in tears, but today on one of those days. It all started when she had to clean up the beads that fell off of her necklace. Ryan told me about an hour later that she picked them up and threw them behind the sofa, so, as a consequence, I made Anna clean underneath both sofas. She had to wait a while for me to finish cleaning the kitchen before I could move the sofas for her (meanwhile, she was missing Tom and Jerry-her favorite show) and it pretty much escalated from there. For hours, her attitude was mean and very rebellious. It was planned (for several weeks) that she would go to the Pageant of our Lord with me and our MOPS group, but her attitude and behavior was so poor that I didn't let her go. I don't know that words can describe the result of that consequence-I've never seen her so upset before, but somehow knew that as "traumatic" as it was, it had to be done. I'll save her ticket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment