Mar 30, 2008

Number 7

Ryan turned 7 years old today. I remember the day he was born: I was to have a scheduled c-section that was "scheduled" the day before he was born. I went to work on the day he was bor from 8:00am to 1:00pm then went to the hospital at 3:00pm for the c-section scheduled for 5:00pm. At 5:38pm I heard a loud, wailing cry and thought, "oooh, I'm not ready for this-put him back!!" After all, Anna was not even 16 months old! I remember looking at Ryan and noticing how cute his lips were! He was a healthy 8 pounds, 15 ounces (Thank God for c-sections!)

And now he's 7. He is a very independent thinker and does not like to be given ideas about anything because he has his own ideas. Ryan internalizes his feelings, but not his thoughts. He is not quick to verbalize his feelings about most things, but they can be seen on his face and in his reactions. He is very quick to tell his family his thoughts about almost anything, especially when it affects him. He has a very compassionate heart and cares deeply for his baby sister (and older sister too, if he would ever admit it!). Ryan loves Hot-Wheels, Legos, playing games on the computer, and playing video games (when given the opportunity).

Ryan, you are a very special boy. I remember watching you sleep in your crib when you were about 1 and knowing for a fact that the Lord has a very special plan for you. May you follow the path the Lord has laid before you all of your life! I love you sweetheart!

No comments: