Today Sara May took her first steps independently!! It was 1 day after she turned 11 months old. Seeing her walk was so cute, but oh-so-scary. She has no reflexes in her arms, so if she falls, she's going to fall hard. I always knew this day would come, and am excited about it for the most part, but also leaves me with a lot of questions. How long will it be before she can walk with good enough balance so that I'm not hovering over her? What will she do once she walks to where she wants to go? Admittedly, it's hard to see her walk with arms basically dangling at her sides. Sara continuously comforts me though, even though she's not trying to. I have so many questions and fears, but when I see her play and use her arms the best she can (and now, take steps), my love for her and the pride that I have for her drives out my fears.
But perfect love drives out fear...
1 John 4:18
No comments:
Post a Comment