Funny things seem to happen to me, though it's almost always not on purpose. The latest incident happened at a staff meeting involving all 500 or so psychologist in our school district. Before the meeting, I went to stand in line for biscuits and coffee and following was the conversation:
Lori: Is this the end of the line?
Man: I guess so. How's it going?
Lori: Good, thanks.
Man: Do you know what this meeting is going to be about?
Lori: No...not really...
Man: I hope it's good!
Lori: Yeah, me too. I brought a book just in case.
Man: Oh yea? What's the book about?
Lori: Photography lighting.
Man: Oh, is that what you're into?
Lori: Yeah, sort of...
And so began a conversation about books and hobbies until we reached the front of the line, got our biscuits and coffee, ended the conversation, and returned to the large room. A few minutes later, the speaker was introduced-a very long and prestigious introduction; so long in fact, that you would think the speaker was 100 years old. But no, it was the relatively young man with whom I was having the conversation with in line!!! Needless to say, I never did get my book out!
No comments:
Post a Comment