May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Sara!

You're 1 today!! Where did the time go? Weren't you born just yesterday? No, that's right, now I remember the 9 months of sleepless nights. What have you accomplished in your first year of life? Well, to start with, you have the hearts of you mom, dad, brother, and sister wrapped around your little finger. You are adored by so many people. You have amazed me with the progress you are making with your arm strength. You are doing things now with your arms that I never would have expected (but always hoped)you would do. I'm so proud of you and all the accomplishments you have made. You are walking everywhere and motivated to experience all that is within sight. You are so silly and love to make people laugh. You command the attention of others with your bright eyes and big smile. You are able to communicate your wants and needs without using your arms and hands, though you have no words (How many people can do that?!) You are a tremendous joy to our family and we love you so much! Happy Birthday Sara May!!

Father, Thank you for the blessing of Sara. You knew what a gift she would be before she was even born. The birth of Sara has revealed a part of me that I didn't know existed. It was Your plan. Once again, You have chosen me. Give me the strength to fulfill Your expectations. Thank you for the plan you have for her life and for mine.

No comments: