Aug 5, 2008

Summertime Summary

Aahh. I've been so busy working on the web site that I haven't been blogging about our summer fun! Let's see, After our San Diego trip end of June/beginning of July, Anna and Ryan went to "art camp" for a week, followed by two weeks of "church camp," also known as "Vacation Bible School." I helped out the first week as the Bible teacher. It was so much fun, and really cool for the kids to watch me be the teacher. One of my favorite memories of the week was Ryan's face when I told the class that I knew God was real because of the three beautiful children that I was given. His face gleamed of pride along with a titch of embarrassment and I will never forget that look! The theme of the VBS was "Outrigger Island, where we know the truth, speak the truth, and live the truth." I hope something in those two weeks will be held in the hearts of all the children who attended. We went down to San Diego again over the weekend, which is pretty hard because it takes the baby a couple of days to acclimate to the RV, so by the time we're settled, it's time to come back home. It was still fun, with a trip to Legoland and dinner at Cheesecake Factory. This week Ryan is going to "Lego camp." I was so worried about him on the first day because he rarely does anything without Anna and because he tends to shy away in new situations. But when I saw the look on his face when he got home, my worries went out the door. He is having the BEST time at Lego camp, which is focused on engineering-definitely just right for Ryan! Anna was planning on going to art camp again this week with her best friend, but she got sick, so we are trying to get well so we feel good for Mammoth next week!!

No comments: