Ryan recently won the "Fruit of the Spirit" certificate for the month. He was awarded for his "kindness." We've been talking lately about what he wants to do when he grows up. He says he wants to be a Lego designer and somehow wants to bless less-fortunate kids with the joy that he has found in Legos. He doesn't want to be just a "regular human," but someone who goes around to a lot of different places. I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for him, but I have a feeling it's going to something other than a 9-5 desk job!
Last night we were talking about a shy boy in his class who usually played alone at recess. After a little discussion, Ryan was excited to invite him to play so he wouldn't have to play alone the next day (which was today). Tonight, Ryan excitedly told me how he invited the boy to play soccer and they played for a while together! I was so proud of him and his huge heart. Yes, he is very kind, but also compassionate, gentle, giving, and loving.
Father, I remember watching Ryan as an infant, asleep in his crib, knowing that you had huge plans for him. Please keep him in Your care. Protect his mind and his heart. Teach us to raise him for Your glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment