Feb 18, 2009

eyes wide open

I'm wretched. I'm a wretched sinner, I'm broken. I'm prideful, though at the moment I'm in a place of utter humility. How many times have I sinned against You?
Jesus, in the garden, you were anguished and your sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. You were beaten with a whip that had sharp metal pieces on the end of it. A crown of thorns was pressed hard against your head and the people spit in your face. You endured hours of torture; You were mocked and nailed to a cross to die. Why? So that when Father looks upon me, he doesn't see the wretch that I am, but instead he sees the reflection of something beautiful.
And on the third day after Your death, You rose and once again walked among us, just as You continue to today. I have nothing without You, Christ Jesus.

Father, I'm overwhelmed at your love for me. You know who I am and you will take my brokenness and turn it into something beautiful. I believe that Your one and only Son came to die for me because You wanted to spend eternity with me. How Great are You Lord and King. I will praise Your name forever.

No comments: