Sep 20, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty

So, our old cat, Chester, gets to come in the house to eat now even though he's an "outdoor cat." After he eats, he likes to hang out under the kitchen table for a while until he is ushered back outside. Well, Sara thought it would be fun to feed Chester her dinner, so she kept picking up her food and dropping it over the side of her high chair, then looking over to see if Chester was eating it. After a while, there was a pretty large pile of noodles and broccoli on the floor- Chester was uninterested. As I watched her, I couldn't decide if I wanted to be upset because of all the food she was wasting and big mess she was making, or proud because she was using her arms and hands so well. Obviously, pride won over. Even though I was tired, had a huge mess already to clean up in the kitchen, and just wanted to get the kids bathed, I couldn't help but let her play for a while; it just seemed like such a "normal" toddler thing to do with her hands...oh the little things parents take for granted.

No comments: