Today was Sara's first day of school. She's going 2 days per week, 3hrs./day. It's at the same place where she receives OT, so it's a therapeutic program. There have been a lot of emotions leading up to this day, but instead of recreate my thoughts again, I thought I'd just post my e-mail reply that I sent to my good friend, Megan, who knows what it's like raising a child unlike most:
Dear Megan,
Overall the day went well. Sara was mess when I dropped her off, and so was I. I was trying so hard to be strong, but the tears just flowed. It was hard separating, but also very difficult telling the teacher, "She can't use a fork or a spoon..." and on and on about her limitations. I wasn't overly concerned because it's a therapeutic program, so most of the kids need OT/PT/and/or speech, but it's still hard to hear the words coming out of my mouth, even after 2 years. She was very happy when I picked her up 3 hrs. later. The staff said she cried in the beginning, but did very well overall. Thanks for your thoughts!
Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment