Ephesians 4:2
"Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love." Yup, failed at that today, and most nights after 6:30pm, when the house is a complete wreck and the kids still have homework and need to be bathed and teasing among the three is relentless and...
Ephesians 4:29
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Not even close on most days with my sharp words and sarcasm, but this is who I want to be, by the grace of God, maybe some day.
Abba, may your grace cover my many shortcomings. May your grace fill the wide gap between the wife and mother I long to be and the one that I am. Please pour out on me an abundance of gentleness, patience, and words for building others up according to their needs, especially my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment