Jul 14, 2010

Trying to get life back to "normal"





We pulled up to our house at almost midnight. We’re so thankful to be home, all safe and together...and rodent-free. Sara fell out of her bed around 2am this morning and hit her face on her chest of drawers. We were up for quite a while last night, she has a black eye under one eye and a bruise above her other one. On the bright side, the kids were all excited to get up and go to Vacation Bible School this morning. We had a very nice time, it’s Sara’s first year. I’ve always volunteered for VBS, starting when Anna and Ryan were Sara’s age. It’s hard to believe that next year will be Anna’s last year before she becomes a “helper.” Oh, how my spirit wells up listening to hundreds of kids from preschool to teenagers singing praises to Jesus! He is so good.


I asked him in my heart on our way home, “Lord, should we have gone south instead of north?” He didn’t answer, at least not then. Today I have been reminded of His faithfulness over the past 6 days. His glory has shown beyond measure in all of the beauty of His creation, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it... (Psalm 24:1) I was reminded of His faithfulness to “lead (us) beside quiet waters” (Psalm 23, one of the Psalms we read on our trip), his faithfulness to help us to “not fear the terror of night...nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness...” (Psalm 91). And of course, his faithfulness to protect us.




For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91: 11, 12



God, You are good!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Ok Lori your pictures are SOOO much better than mine. I should have titled mine "confessions of an learning photo editing addict". Clearly you have been doing this much longer. Feel free to email me any secrets. ;)

I would also love to know what camera and lenses you recommend.

ginnyhenderson@hotmail.com

I am going to have to check back here more often to see your work!