From time to time, I browse orphan/adoption web sites and allow my heart to be completely broken by the precious family-less babies and children. The site I was visiting this evening, An Orphan's Wish , "is committed to caring for some of the 'least of these': orphaned, special needs children in China." The visit to the site today was a very special one. Today I met Liam. My heart sank and I lost my breath for a moment when I realized that he has arthrogryposis in his upper extremities like Sara. I think about the parents of orphans every once in a while, but for some reason, when I saw Liam, I couldn't help but wonder who his parents were and why they could not keep him. Did they want to keep him but couldn't? Did they abandoned him at birth? Did they feel as wretchedly as I would have if I had to give up Sara because her arms didn't quite look like or work like other peoples' arms? Who knows. It's too much to think about.
I hope he feels even a smidgin less like an orphan today, because now we are sponsoring him! Now he has a family who can pray for him, write to him, and help pay for his medical needs. I hope and pray that he will be adopted soon, but until then, welcome to our family Liam!
To meet Liam, click here
1 comment:
you are amazing lori. you are so giving and i have never ever heard you complainin about anything. :)
Post a Comment