I know it's not Mother's Day, but perfect timing isn't really my thing, and this is what was on my heart tonight. My original intention was to write about the candle that my mom sent me because it's cold outside tonight, but warm and cozy in the house. The original title of this post was "Warm and Cozy." But there was more to the story that I had to write about.

My mom is very, very thoughtful. She lives across the country and she always sends cards, for every occasion. She always writes the sweetest things. I have boxes of her sweet cards. She sends gifts for every occasion also, and sometimes she sends gifts just because. She always puts so much thought into everything she buys (she often calls me at the mall asking me, "Would Anna like this?" "Would this fit Sara?" "Do you think Ryan would wear this?") Recently, she sent me this gift. Just because. I told her that I was painting and decorating my family room in a lodge/cabin style and the next week, this arrived on my doorstep. It's PERFECT! I love it!

I think I'll never be like my mom in that way...most of the time I can't even get her card to her house before the occasion. I wish I was like her in many ways. I wish my handwriting looked like hers. I wish I could decorate my home the she can. I wish I could always keep my house clean the way she can. I wish had a her sense of style and motivation to have perfect hair and make-up before she goes out. And I definitely wish I would take the extra thought and time to wrap the gifts and write the cards and notes the way she does. Because I appreciate it so much. And I appreciate her so much.

Mother,
Thank you for taking the extra time and thought to make our days even brighter. You make me feel very special with your thoughtful and encouraging cards, always praising my accomplishments. You're my biggest fan! Thank you. You probably don't know how much we all appreciate all that you do for us-You're not here to listen to the excitement about a box at the door from you, or see the hours and days of fun and appreciation that results from the gifts that you send or the notes that you write. You are a regular staple of conversation at our home. Yesterday Sara said, "Mom, I love Granny and I love Jesus." Even though months pass between visits, in many ways, you don't seem so far away! Thank you for taking the time, thought, and energy to draw close to us! We all love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment