Mar 15, 2011

Togetherness

I'm finding that most of the time I'm motivated to blog only when my emotions reach a certain point beyond containment.  Whether it's joy, excitement, humor, thankfulness, frustration, sadness, fear, or depression.  One could assume that the days in between blog posts indicate contentment or routine.

This post would fall under the "depression" category:  We love to share.  We share our drinks.  We take bites off of each other's plate.  We love all being the same room.  On weekend mornings, all the kids come in and we share the bed laugh and talk.  This "togetherness" though causes us all to share germs also.   It seems like someone in the family has been sick since the beginning of February.  Only now, everyone in the family (except me, so far) has been quite sick for the past 6 days.  Now it's getting depressing.  We thought Sara was well, but after a couple of days, her fever returned with a vengeance...and an ear infection.  Today Ryan got sick.  Anna and Rich just got over being sick.  I'm exhausted from lack of sleep, working, and worrying about such high temperatures during the night.  Oh, and the time change, just for fun.  It's amazing how I take the our health for granted and how, when we're all well, I forget so quickly that we were even sick.  But now it's hard to imagine a time when everyone in the family will be healthy.  Or when I'll get to sleep through the night.  One or two nights isn't bad, but going on night 6 without more than 1 or 2 hours of consecutive sleep (or so it seems), then waking up, going to a stressful job, and leaving early to come home to sick children is beginning to take its toll.  So, I think I'll go to bed now.

Need Sleep.

No comments: