Dec 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012


I love this photo of my 3.  It will go in a frame and come out each Christmas.  I spend so much time trying to get my uncooperative children to have a sweet natural smile for my camera, but...in the end...it's always these silly outtakes that I like the best!


 Sara May...Doing a fabulous job in Kindergarten!  Sara is doing great with her arms.  She is doing almost everything in school without assistance, but still needs help with some things like opening things, holding her things (bag/lunchbox) and pulling up/down her pants.  She is learning to read and is so happy!  She walks around wherever we are sounding out words that she sees!  I'm impressed with her handwriting!  She only uses her her hands at school, and if there is some writing or coloring that she needs to finish, she brings it home and finishes it with her feet.  She has an amazing teacher who has made accommodations for the entire class so Sara can participate more easily in daily activities.  We couldn't be more blessed with her teacher, classroom aides, principal, and school.  Sara is extremely social and always has several friends close by.  She is a sweet friend and is ALWAYS up for some action!  Sara's favorite thing this year was playing with all of her friends.  Her favorite subject in school is recess.  She's not sure what she wants to do when she grows up.  Sara had a great time playing soccer this fall.


Ryan...He's a big Jr. Higher now, and loving it!  He is enjoying a bit more freedom...but he still can't wait to be completely independent and "free!"  His best memory over the past year was going to the Toys for Tots r/c race with his dad earlier this month.  He liked hanging out with dad and winning 1st place in his age group!  His favorite thing to do is go r/c car racing.  His favorite subject in school is math and science and he wants to be an architect when he grows up.  He is a second-degree green belt in karate and plays basketball on his school's team.  His goal for 2013 is to make straight A's on his report card for at least one quarter.

*I was just informed that Ryan approves this message*


Anna...is in 7th grade and recently became our first adolescent—so far, so good!  I'm going to enjoy the memory of when she said, "Mom, thank you for understanding my feelings" especially when I have to keep hearing, "Mom, you just don't understand!"  Her best memory over the past year was getting her birds, going surfing in Malibu, and going horseback riding.  Sheesh, it must be nice to be my daughter.  I should have named her "Anna Pizzazz."  Her favorite things to do...well...what I just said.  Her favorite subjects in school are math, art, and P.E.  When she grows up, she wants to be a baker or a veterinarian...or a baker for veterinarians...or a veterinarian for bakers ; )  Anna's goal for 2013 is help other people achieve their goals for 2013 (yep...a teenie is in the house.)


Rich and I are still at the same jobs that we've been at for the past 10 years.  It sounds rather monotonous, but really, we are thankful appreciative to have stable jobs—it is a blessing.  We have been more of an exercise/health-concious family since the summer (especially Rich) and I know we all are benefitting.  Rich got on his bike and June and it has been hard to get him off!  He feels great and looks great too ; )  I have busy photographing this year.  I have attempted to get into newborn photography, but it is so hard!  For now I think I'll stick with families and babies!

My message from this past year is to proclaim that the Lord is faithful, even when we are not.  My goal for 2013 is to trust in the Lord and lean on him even more instead of my own understanding.  If there is one thing that the Lord has put on my heart this year, is that we are not home yet.  I pray that his Kingdom will come in me until the day that I enter into God's Kingdom.

With much love, joy, and thankfulness,

Rich, Lori, Anna, Ryan, and Sara



No comments: