We had planned in August the Boy Scout activities that Ryan would do during the school year, and the Midway/beach camp was one of very few that we chose. The night before he left, Rich and I decided that I would accompany Ryan instead of Rich since he had to work through the night when they returned. I didn't mind going, in fact I was excited to go. It was San Diego after all.
I drove Ryan and another scout friend of his down and we all met at the Midway aircraft carrier that is now a museum. We spent the afternoon there and then drove back up to Carlsbad where we all camped out at the state beach. The scouts all camped together and the adults camped separately. Ryan checked in with me a few times, but was mostly busy with scouts, which meant that I had some free time! Oh how precious free time is to me these days, and took advantage of every minute. I talked to other adults (Yay!), read, and in the morning I took a very long walk on the beach before it was time to pack up and head home. Wow, two weekends in a row of rest and "soul restoration!" I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready to finish up the school year!
 |
| These silly cars kept driving by while the scouts were eating lunch. |
 |
| My home for the night : ) |
 |
| Some of the boys (including Ryan) went for a dip in the water |
 |
| Mostly they played on the beach. |
 |
| On my evening walk. |
 |
| Skits by the campfire...such creative boys! |
The next morning...
 |
| Like pulling teeth trying to get him to take a picture with me. |
1 comment:
Beautiful shots Lori! Thanks for sharing! And I love the one of you and Ryan! :-)
Post a Comment