Sara and I made a trip to Delaware to get her the WREX device to help with her arm mobility. It was a trip that was months in the planning and it was very exciting that my mom was able to fly up from FL to make the trip with us. I can't say enough but just to say that the trip was perfect.
We had a couple of days to do some sight-seeing between appointments so the first thing we did was visit Washington D.C. I had never been to the East Coast, so making the 2 hour drive there and back was well worth for me the see the city. We took a 6-hour bus tour (with a boat ride on the Potomac river for lunch) around the city and were able to stop and visit most of the memorials. We did the trip the day after arriving in Delaware, so we were exhausted by the time the day was over, but it was great to take time out and spend time in reverence and awe at the sacrifices made for our country and our freedom.
In the morning we met at the Old Post Office by the statue of Benjamin Franklin
The White House and surrounding area
![]() |
| The President's cute dog going for a walk. |
US Treasury Building
Vietnam War Memorial
A ride on the Potomac River for lunch
Washington Monument
![]() |
| Looking out from the Lincoln Memorial |
Korean War Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
![]() |
| This was etched in the stone at the Lincoln Memorial, where MLK Jr. stood to make his "I have a dream" speech. |
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
World War II Memorial
US Marine Corps War Memorial
US Capitol Building
I loved watching Sara look around at the Memorials. I was touched by her innocence as she looked around, especially at the Vietnam War Memorial, since my dad fought in that war. It was an honor to be able to see so many of the memorials. Photos can never match the experience, but they will be a nice reminder of that day!






























No comments:
Post a Comment