Aug 14, 2013

Zion: The Narrows

Our first hike of the trip was an incredible hike called "The Narrows."  We hiked on a paved trail for about 3/4 mile, then the trail ended and the rest of the hike was up a river.  The hike is 16 miles long (I heard), but we only did a tiny portion.  My favorite part of the hike was looking up at the stone that seemed to envelop us in the clean, cool water.  I can't really describe how beautiful it was, and neither can these pictures.  I can't even really describe how it made me feel, except that the place where we were walking was touched by God.  His fingerprints were everywhere!


Off we go!



Ryan is in about as deep as the river got.

Rich go-proing the hike.

I loved the colors and textures of the rock.

If you're wondering if I was a titch nervous about hiking in a river with my camera—yes, yes I was.

A beautiful little water fall.  A sweet nugget of God's glory in an already amazing place.


Where we stopped and turned around.

This was taken on the trail leading to the river walk.  You can see some people in the bottom right of the photo to give it some perspective.

No comments: