Sep 6, 2006
First Day of School
Today was Anna's and Ryan's first day of school. Ryan's first day of kindergarten. Anna's first day of first grade. I was more worried and nervous for Anna than I was Ryan. I knew Ryan would have a great time. While he may have been a bit nervous for the first few seconds, I knew he was protected and nurtured and comfortable in the environment he watched Anna go to for a year. Anna, on the other hand, is a perfectionist. I worry about her maintaining her "school personality" for a full day. Once, in kindergarten, she had a "bad day" because she missed one problem on her paper...and she talked about it for several days after. Sometimes after kindergarten (half day, mind you), she would come home and have a "melt-down" because of the high level of intensity she maintained at school. All this being said, there is no where else on earth Anna would rather be than at school. She loves school. Everything about it-friends, learning, activities...everything. Father, be Anna's strength. Be her rest. You created her just the way she is for your glory-let your glory shine through in who she is and all that she does. Father, set Ryan's path out before him and call him toward you. Of all the choices of paths they will encounter, quietly lead them both down the straight and narrow one that only a few find. Give us wisdom as we lead them according to your purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment