Apr 30, 2009

New "Bentz"












Here's Sara's fancy new splints. She's been having a really hard time tolerating the hard splints for the past 6 months, so she has soft splints for now. These are really good for getting her thumb out of her palm, but I'm concerned about her wrist not getting stretched. She's lost quite a bit of ROM over the past few months in her wrists. I'm not sure why the OT chose these ones and not ones that would stretch her wrist as well, I'll have to check on that (Rich took her to her appointment). She HATES wearing them now, but tonight I was able to convince her of how "pretty" they were and to go show Anna and Ryan. I also asked if I could take her picture wearing them, and she was delighted...until it was bed time. Then she said, "Mom, off bentz pease." ...let the tantrum begin...

1 comment:

living4him5 said...

Oh the dreaded splints! Linzhi fights us on wearing hers and sometimes she's able to get out of them!!

I feel your pain!!

~Amy