Jun 7, 2010

Dear Rich


My Love,
Today we celebrate number 12. Has it really been that long? It doesn't seem like 12 years ago that I almost tripped down the aisle on our way out after the ceremony. Do you remember this picture? This is the night that you declared your love for me. We were in the photography studio at UNLV in the Fall of 1996 and I believe your exact words were, "I think I'm in love with you, actually." I don't remember exactly what I said back, but I think it was something like, "I'm in love with you too!" I remember feeling utter bliss for the rest of the evening, and for months to come. Even looking at the picture now, of you holding my hand with a big smile on your face, so many feelings of that time come rushing back!
I remember we used to drive around town listening to Jewel, Natalie Imbruglia, Dixie Chicks, and Garth Brooks. Remember our favorite Garth Brooks song, "Two of a Kind"? "We're two of a kind, workin' on a full house." Well, I think we've arrived! Who would've thought we'd be where we are 12 years later! I wouldn't prefer to be anywhere else. I always joke that you got lucky when you snatched me up, but really, I'm the lucky one. I love that you continue to pay so much attention to me, after all these years. That you don't take me for granted, even after 12 years. That you care about what I think and how I feel, after all this time. You still make me laugh. From the very beginning, I found relief in you, and I still do.

Do you remember our wedding song?

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you
Can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you
As long as I live
From this moment on

Shania Twain

Rich, I love you. Beyond circumstance and the ebb and flow, my love is yours forever. Happy anniversary sweetheart.

1 comment:

Macross Kitty said...

Happy Anniversary!