Jun 12, 2010

A Lovely Day



I wasn't sure what we were going to do today. When Rich told me he didn't have any plans beyond stuff to do at home, I decided to take the older kids to ride bikes at the beach, something I've been wanted to do for several weeks. So, the morning started with Sara and I taking pictures of the Jeep (we've decided to sell it) and then we went to park. It was so nice to spend some time alone with Sara.



Of course we had to go to the "blue" park

.

After we came home from the park, we ate lunch and I put Sara down for a nap, then Rich and I took the top off of the Jeep, put the bike hitch on and off we went! We started off the bike ride full of energy and contemplated riding to Canada.





About 7 miles in to the ride, we felt like it was time for a beach break,



then we started to head back. It had been years since I rode the strand (Anna was 5 months old last time I rode it) and I forgot how we go back into the wind. So, it was longer ride back, but I'm so proud of Anna and Ryan, they rode about 14 miles.


After our ride, we made a fun stop at Yogurt Land and had a yummy snack, the best part of the bike ride for the kids!


It was a cold ride back home, but what a fun day it was! I'm sure it won't be long before we do it again!

No comments: