Mar 30, 2011

Ten Parts for 10 Years





This is my son.  I clearly remember being pregnant with him.  He was huge, and well, so was I.  Whenever I discuss memories of pregnancy with pregnant women, his is always the one that I talk about.  Ryan loved to move around and stick out is skinny, boney joints.  His feet rested under my ribs.  Did I mention I was huge?  Of the three kids, he was the one who blessed me with two stretch marks.  10 years later, these are his favorite things: karate and his ipod.  He also loves to play video games; driving race cars is his favorite.  In fact, when he found out I would pay him in video game minutes if he would let me use him as a guinea pig model for my photography experiments, he was more than happy to sit/stand/lie down in front of my camera!  


Ryan has a huge heart and compassion beyond his years and he is the most empathetic person that I know.  He loves little kids and little kids adore him.  He's so much fun to them...because he genuinely pays attention to them and plays with them.  For many things, he has very little patience, but with Sara and other kids her age, his patience is almost endless.  I love that about him!  I'm sure he gets it from his Lolo and his dad! Whenever we pick up Sara for preschool, or go to Sara's class at church, or go to family parties, little kids immediately swarm around him.


Since this was the big 1-0, we thought his birthday should have 10 parts, so here they are in order over the course of several days:

1.  Class party at his school, complete with brownies he made himself
2.  BB-Q at Lolo and Lola's house with his cousins
3.  Extra computer time
4.  Getting a Nerf Gun (Thank you Lolo and Lola!)
5.  Eating at Red Robin
6.  Going to the Vans store (Thank you Uncle Mike and Aunt Pam!)
7.  A special trip for ice cream
8.  Ice Skating
9.  Getting a guitar (Thank you mom and dad!)
10. Taking his gift card to Barnes & Noble to buy books (Thank you Grammie!)


How I love and adore this boy.  God has big plans for him, I just know it!  


I love you so much, Ryan!  Happy birthday son.

No comments: