Jan 26, 2013

Red Rock

There are very very few things I miss about living in Las Vegas, but I have fond memories of going to Red Rock Canyon just outside of town:  my mom and I used to drive around, hike, and have picnics there when I was in college.  Rich proposed to me there after a strenuous afternoon of mountain biking.  When Anna and Ryan were little, we used to take them there to run around and tire them out.  

It was nice go hiking there again on a recent trip with some of our friends.  It was sketcky doing the hike with my camera.  I usually don't like to photograph during the middle of the day, but I actually liked all the strong contrasty light, I felt like it matched the landscape.  It was nice to get the photographs...because next time I'm going to leave the camera at home!













For perspective.  Anna and Ryan were fast hikers!  ...It tired them out, just like when they were babies!



My panorama.  Six photographs photoshopped together.  We were hiking in the area on the right side of the photograph.

No comments: