Aug 14, 2013

Zion: The campsite

I lived in Las Vegas for 7 years and during that entire time, I never went to Zion, an easy 3 hour drive.  We went skiing in Utah often, but I'm not sure why time was never made to visit Zion.  Now that I have been there, I regret not spending more time there when it was so close.   Rich's brother invited us to come along with them this summer, so I'm thankful for the opportunity to go.  We went tent camping for 2 nights which was tons of fun...except for the heat during the middle of the day.  Since our family has grown (in number and in size) we now have a tent the size of a small apartment.  It was nice having enough room for us to be together in one tent, yet still have enough space to sleep comfortably.  But if we ever make it to Zion again, I think we'll make it an RV trip (who wouldn't love some a/c and a nice shower after long hike?).

I have one word to describe Zion:  Majestic.  These photos were all taken from our campground, just inside the park.










No comments: